Donald Trump is the 45th President of the United States, a businessman and a television personality. He was born on June 14, 1946, at Queens, New York City to Fred Trump and Mary Anne MacLeod.
Donald Trump began his basic education in Kew-Forest School and later enrolled in the military academy in New York. He also attended Fordham University two years and transferred to the University of Pennsylvania where he received a Bachelor’s degree in economics.
While growing up, he worked for his father’s real estate company, Trump management, which was owned by middle-class rental housing in New York City. In 1988, Trump purchased the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan with a loan of $425 million.
In 1999, Trump filed an exploratory committee to seek the nomination of the Reform Party for the 2000 presidential elections. Trump also announced his interest running against President Barack Obama in the 2012 elections. On June 2020, Trump announced his candidacy for President of the United States. Trump received most votes and he remained the front runner throughout the primaries.
On November 2016, Trump received 306 pledged electoral votes. Trump received nearly 2.9 million fewer popular votes that Clinton to become the 45th president of the United States.
Facts About Donald Trump
- Donald Trump did not fight in the Vietnam War because he was deemed unfit due to a problem with his heels.
- Donald Trump has married three times and has five children.
- In 1971, Donald Trump took over the management of his father’s company and remained it, The Trump Organisation.
- He owns and manages over 100 houses, hotels and condominiums in the United States.
- In 1999, Donald Trump co-owned the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA beauty pageants.
- Donald Trump first attempted to run for the presidency in the year 2000